A Message from Dr. KramerTo All Our Valued Patients:
Our office is open! I’ve been closely following recommendations and guidelines from the CDC, other medical resources and our Idaho leadership and will continue to re-evaluate the ability to provide services to avoid spread of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Just like many of you, we are all tired of this inconvenience to our lifestyles and are hoping that things will be getting back to normal soon. Although this will likely be a new normal for us all. I realize how we go out, interact and greet one another, will look different for our community for a long time. But as Americans and Idahoans, this is a challenge we can accept and adapt to.
In order to keep our business open and our communities safe, we will continue to do our part and want to thank all of you for doing your part to help as well!
We are committed to the health and well being of our patients and community. I feel it’s imperative that we continue to uphold our responsibility to continue to “avoid the spread” which means your next appointment in the practice may look very different than before. As a reminder, here’s what you can expect at your next visit.
All In-Office Visits
- Please call us in advance at 208-344-4900 if you have had any known exposure to COVID-19 or are feeling unwell so we can re-schedule your appointment
- When you arrive at your appointment time, please call us from your car at 208-344-4900 for COVID-19 screening
- Positive responses to COVID-19 screening questions may result in the need to reschedule your appointment.
- We are asking only the patient enter the office to avoid any unnecessary contact and maintain social distancing
- Face masks or facial coverings are required
- Temperatures are taken upon check in at our front desk and we request you use hand sanitizer before going to the consultation or treatment room.
- Each room and contact area will be disinfected between every patient
- All staff will be following the same procedures and protocols
Surgery and Follow-Up Visits
- For your own safety, we are asking all patients to self isolate as much as possible for 14 days before and after surgery, as surgery could make a COVID-19 infection worse
- Special COVID-19 consents and testing are required for surgery
- Patients should wear a mask or facial covering to the surgery center on the day of surgery
Aesthetician and Non-surgical Services Visits
- During medspa procedures such as dermal fillers, laser skin resurfacing, facials, where masks are not appropriate, we have added the following safety measures:
- Special True HEPA air filtration systems to purify the air
- Aeseptic mouth rinses
- Hibiclens face scrub
- Some services may need to be re-scheduled based on the prevalence of COVID-19 in our community
Our practice is adapting and evolving! To complement our in-office appointments and accommodate your busy schedule, we’re now offering virtual consultations to new and returning surgical patients. Contact us online or call us at 208-344-4900 to request an online consultation and start your aesthetic journey with us.
In order to decrease extra time and paperwork in the practice, we’ve implemented a cloud-based, interactive plastic surgery platform called TouchMD. This means patients will have access to:
- Their own password protected online account.
- Forms and information related to your procedure and consultation.
- Their photos securely stored on this HIPAA compliant platform.
- The latest, up to date content on all of our procedures and surgeries.
None of these policies and procedures will limit the surgical or non-surgical recommendations or techniques. Be confident that we will not cut corners with your treatment or safety, and would rather recommend postponing treatment if such a choice arises. And you will still get our best attention to detail and follow up that we can offer.
If you have any questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to contact us online or call us at 208-344-4900. Continue to stay safe and we’ll see you soon.
Dr. Kramer & Team
Kramer Plastic Surgery